Wednesday 23 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 06

Jimmy Vegas talks about adding more UI elements to the game. He adds text to the centre of the screen, and then makes it into an "action text", which means the text will be a description on screen that tells you what you're doing in the game (at the time). I find this a very helpful feature to create some sort of guideline for the player. 
He then adds more cursor elements. The text can be applied to different objects, which I find really useful for labelling and identifying objects quite literally. These can be switched on and off depending on when you want them to appear and disappear. 
Pressing 'D' on the keyboard to "duplicate" is a helpful shortcut I learned in this tutorial. It will be helpful to my platform game when I make multiple of the same objects. 
These cursor elements help create enough UI elements to start building another script for the game. 
He decides to make this in a different way to the previous times (because of the additional UI elements). There are more options available in the script from adding more UI and cursor elements. 
I probably won't be using as much detail as Jimmy Vegas does with adding all of these UI elements, I would prefer to make something more simple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week Comments and Feedback

I haven't received that much feedback since I have not been consistently uploading blogs (I'm sorry!) However, what I have gotten ...