Wednesday 23 October 2019

Game Idea Research

By definition, according to "game's mechanics are the rules and procedures that guide the player, and the game response to the player's moves or actions
I want to create a simple game, nothing too complex, as this is not my strongpoint in CDM.
I think a platform game would work well, or else an adventure game where the player collects some sort of reward as they travel around obstacles in the 3D world.
I think about Super Mario Bros when I start to brainstorm this idea, I think it would be a great base game to work from. 



The mechanics I need to apply for creating a game with such similar outcomes as (a much easier and simplified) Super Mario are;
Rules:
- The player must collect all (let's say... blue) coins along the obstacle course in order to win.
- The player must avoid (let's say... red) coins, because they lose if they collect 3 wrong coins.
- The obstacle course's main trap is leading people into thinking they've found a blue coin, when it's really a red coin, therefore leaving the player to continue their search.
- The obstacle course contains more red coins than blue coins, making the player explore more area to find every blue coin.
- The player may have a limited number of lives before starting over, e.g. if they collect one red coin, they lose a life. A life can be regenerated after collecting 3 blue coins.




I got some of these ideas from Super Mario, obviously. However the option of having limited lives, and losing one when collecting a red coin, was inspired by the game Fruit Ninja for android and iOS. There's a multiplayer mode where the players must avoid all the bombs that randomly appear on the screen, and if you hit 3 of them, you lose. 




sources:
YouTube Tutorial
Platform Game Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week Comments and Feedback

I haven't received that much feedback since I have not been consistently uploading blogs (I'm sorry!) However, what I have gotten ...