Thursday 10 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 02

To be completely honest, I struggle using Unity a lot. I find it very difficult to get my head around despite these tutorials being so helpful and easy to understand. Things just don't seem to work for me when I try to do them.
However, this doesn't mean I don't find the tutorials useful- I do. I still learn new things every time I watch a tutorial, and it makes sense until I try doing it on my own. This is something I just have to keep trying at, and it's my own personal issue.


In the first tutorial, we learn how to make an object make a sound, and then disappear as the player 'collects' it. We also learn that in the coding, everything is case sensitive. Colliders exist to stop us from walking into certain things or falling into things. There are box colliders and mesh colliders. Mesh colliders shape around the object perfectly, box colliders, quite literally just surround the object in box format. Adding "//" in your code makes the script think that something is a note, and not a piece of code, which allows you to refine what you want something to do.


In the second tutorial, we begin to look at UI elements, starting with a cursor for our screen. This is so we can define where we are looking/heading towards in the game. You can do this by adding a raw image, and anchoring its fixed position on the canvas.
We also learn about "raycasting"(shooting an invisible ray from a point) He uses a static variable, meaning it can be referenced from different scripts (which is very important).

Overall, these are very well-explained tutorials, but they are still complex for my understanding. I hope I will be able to make everything work by the end of it all. I'm enjoying learning all of this, but the workload feels overwhelming here compared to, and on top of other modules.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week Comments and Feedback

I haven't received that much feedback since I have not been consistently uploading blogs (I'm sorry!) However, what I have gotten ...